Rubber Covered Pelham Single Jointed -
Benefits of the Rubber Covered Pelham:
• Soft and comfortable in the horse’s mouth
• Allows gentle yet effective sensitive aids
• Enables easier communication between horse and rider
• The Stübben jointed rubber Pelham has a thickness in the mouthpiece of only 15mm, which is thinner than most commercial rubber bits that are normally about 20mm or more. The thinner mouthpiece minimises the chance of rubbing and sits more comfortably in the horse’s mouth.
• Rubber covered bits are not suitable for horses that like to chew on the bit with their teeth as otherwise the rubber cover could easily be damaged.
Special Benefits of the Cheeks:
• The special features of a Stübben STEELtec Pelham are its short shanks of only 2 inches (5 cm's). This reduces the leverage, but allows a quicker more direct action between reins and mouthpiece.
• The immediate response is especially helpful when show jumping, particularly if the course has many tight turns.
• The flat curb chain hooks prevent the horse’s lips from being pinched.
• Furthermore our curb chain with its flat hooks is easier to adjust to the horse’s chin groove.
Stübben Steeltec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer
Available in 12.5cm, 13.5cm or 14.5cm with 5 cm cheeks and a 15 mm thickness